Serving the Alaska Military Youth Academy
We just wrapped up a 5-week Medical Cadet-to-Work (CWP) session with the Alaska Military Youth Academy – and it has been an awesome ride! The students were sharp, disciplined, and full of potential.
- Field trips to Benefe Equine Therapy, Prestige Care Nursing Home, Access Alaska, Southcentral Foundation, the UAA Rat Lab, UAA simulation lab, and Mat-Su EMS.
- Certifications in Mental Health First Aid, Basic Life Support, and First Aid.
- Wellness related topics included Mindfulness and Motivational Interviewing techniques, Healthy relationships.
- Hot topics in Medical Ethics, medical communications and forensics
- Hands-on activities covered body systems including Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Digestive, Musculoskelatal, and Integumentary systems.
- Myriad of guest speakers in nursing, medicine, forensics, and therapies.
A big high-five goes out to our excellent teaching faculty – Alex Lawson, Teresa Novakovich, Emily Berman, and Karen Chin who planned and lead sections for this cohort.