October 2020 was a busy month at the SC AHEC. Some highlights include:
- Teaching the Integrated English Training (IET) PATH Academy for English Language Learners, in partnership with the Alaska Literacy Program. This course started in September to end in November.
- PATH Academy for individuals interested in working as DSPs took place, with most of the curriculum delivered online.
- Two of our staff were trained as Mandt System instructors
- Health Career Camp for High School students took place for students in South Central Alaska.
- Onboarding for Community Health Center Contact Tracers took place. A special thanks and big Kudos to Health Centers that are already actively engaged contact tracing – whether with APCA or in other arrangements: Iliuliuk Family Health Services, SVT Health & Wellness, Sunshine Community Health Center, Ilanka Community Health Center, Seward Community Health Center, Tanana Chiefs Conference, and Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation.